Here is what to do when it comes to our Distant #Reiki sessions.
- 1—Choose a quiet place, where you won't be interrupted.
- 2—Take the volume off your phone, turn off TVs and computers.
- 3—You can lower the light, light a candle, or play some relaxing music if you like.
- 4—I'll text you at the start of the session. You can either lie down comfortably on a bed/sofa or sit on a chair with your feet planted on the floor.
- 5—Close your eyes, take a few deep breaths to bring some awareness to your body. Then breathe normally. Set the intention to receive whatever is needed at this time to enable your healing process.
- 6—Do not try "too hard" to relax or "feel" the session. Observe your thoughts and let them go. Distant sessions are more subtle than hands-on sessions, but by no means less powerful.
- 7—If you feel like laughing, smiling, crying, go ahead. Reiki is all about reconnecting with emotions so we can process them, release them or benefit from them.
- 8—I will be texting you approx. 10 minutes after the session is over. Stay a few more minutes in your quiet space—note any difference, any idea or feeling that comes up.
- 9—Some people like to jot down their experience on paper. In my experience, this is a good idea. Many of the thoughts or feelings that come may be very fleeting.
- 10—Afterwards, you may want to drink a couple glasses of water more than you usually do to keep you well hydrated. To benefit most from the session, avoid drinking alcohol or going to crowded places for a few hours.
And remember, I'm always happy to answer any question you may have before or after the session!
Photo credit: Heaven's Rain from Elizabeth James.